Although one can have a colonic without preparation, to get the most out of your treatments the following diet guidelines are suggested for healthy people, start 3 days before your appointment. Please first seek medical advice before changing your diet if you have any health conditions such as diabetes or other concerns.
- Cut out all “junk” food sweets chocolates cool drinks, diet cool drinks, sugar, artificial sweeteners.
- Cut out animal products i.e. meat and dairy. If you must have animal protein have a little fish as it is “lighter”
- Cut out wheat products such as bread pasta cakes and biscuits.
- Cut down over a few days and then cut out drinks containing caffeine i.e. coffee tea soft drinks
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Whole grains such as brown rice or quinoa
- Soups and salads
- Drink fresh vegetable juices. See recipe below. Have 3 glasses per day of around 200ml.
- Herb teas and rooibos tea
- Pure water around 2 liters per day
AFTER A COLONIC